Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Inagural Post and can I get a shout for smoothies??

Welcome to healthyhearthappysoul!! I've been thinking about doing a blog like this for a little while now, but we all know how it goes....if not, let me help you out:

7:30 wake up to crying baby
7:40 feed crying baby
7:50 attempt in vain to put baby back down to sleep so you can squeeze 20 more min of sleep
8:00 pick baby back up due to nonstop screaming
8:15 2nd baby awakes
8:30 sit down to breakfast
8:45 kids still are waiting on breakfast while watching you run around your kitchen frantically looking for something "healthy to eat"
9:00 still waiting on breakfast all the while asking yourself, can kids eat this for breakfast??

Sound familiar? perhaps you are a little more on top of things than I? Well, if this sounds like something  you would do, or have ever done, this blog is for you!

I've recently begun the conversion to Clean Eating. You can find information on clean eating here. I stumbled upon this way of eating after trying for 4 years to have children and finally being told by an OBGYN that children just weren't in the cards for us. I refused to believe this! we exercised, ate "healthy" (I used to use this term in place of not being overweight....I wasnt very smart) and there was no family history of infertility. A neighbor gave me a book called pH Balance (purchase herethat she loved...thus my eyes were opened to a whole new world! After jumping on board with this way of eating, we were pregnant within 2 months. NOW, not everyone's experience will be the same. After further research, it was my hormones that were stopping me from conceivng. Once I cleaned the crap  processed foods out of my body, my hormones were able to get back in line and boom! two babies in a year!

As I don't like the idea (yet at least) of cutting out dairy and wheat and fruit from my diet, I love the idea of eating a more "from the ground" type of diet and my love of clean eating was born. So I guess you could say 3 BABIES in one year...or not. haha

I want everyone who comes across this blog to feel comfortable. Some blogs are so hard core and gungho, that I feel like I'll never be that good, or I'm not good enough to comment, or if I do comment, I think I'll look like a doof. NEVER ON THIS BLOG WILL YOU FEEL THAT WAY! I'm just starting my conversion so guess what, there are still processed foods in my pantry!!! WHAT, WHATS THAT YOU SAY?? yes, I have a hard time wasting food, so I've thrown out anything with high fructose corn syrup, and many things like that, but I will use what I have and continue to replace all my pantry items as I go. I wish I had a million dollars to just go out and buy EVERYTHING I need, but you know what? Im learning a LOT, like A LOT A LOT about the foods in my pantry as I read labels and throw away. Its good motivation on a daily basis. So hang in there, you don't need a pantry full of nuts and seeds and wheat to be good at this. I PROMISE. Step by step, day by day.....we'll get there!

Here are a couple of Green smoothies to kick things off for you.

How I use green smoothies in my life:
Breakfast
For me AND the kids
They are fast and easy to mix up and PACKED with nutrients. You can also pre-package your green smoothies and freeze them (only suggested if you own a Blendtec or vitamix that can handle lots of frozen foods) or just buy large quantities of Spinach and bananas and freeze those two things.
Mid morning or Mid afternoon snack
After dinner as a treat (make a sweeter version if you are used to dessert every night. There are lots of fruit smoothies you can make or some with greek yogurt that are yum.

Peach green Smoothie HERE
Non green peach Smoothie HERE

Also, I've since stopped using yoplait yogurt and I'm all greek now...if you need vanilla flavoring in yogurt, just use greek yogurt, and a small amount of vanilla extract. about 1tsp to 1 cup yogurt.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment