Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

Muffin top....and muffin bottom

Do you ever have one of those lazy night watching Person of Interest or Elementary (my two drugs of choice currently) and see how "in shape" everyone seems to be? That was me Cira last night.  I vowed that I would get up this morning at 6:45 and work out for a half hour, get spiritually enlightened, and shower, all before thing one and thing two awoke. It all was going as planned until I was drowsily headed off to no mans land when my 2.5 year old woke up with "shadow syndrome"...you know, mommy! I'm scared of shadows. Ok, so I just made that name up but in my book it exists, and exists, and exists...all till 1 am. At that point I knew either I stick to my plan, or I'm nice to my kids today. I chose to be nice. ;)

I lieu of exercise, I knew I had to eat a really healthy but delicious breakfast....enter bran muffins.

Now before you go closing your browser, give me a chance! When I had my first baby, a friend of mine, Allison, brought me over these warm and delicious bran muffins. I was weary, but my man tried them first and before finishing one, said, hey, you need to get this recipe. They were really good and we ate them all. Jump forward nearly 3 years and a drastic change of lifestyle for my family. I had allison re-forward me the recipe and from there I made several revisions until today....I have found the hopefully final version of bran muffins.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Annisa's Clean Eating Bran Muffins:



I'm really proud of this recipe, and I hope that you enjoy. I even took it to two neighbors today and they both said they loved them. Thanks Whitney and Audrey for being my guinea pigs!!


Annisa's Clean Eating Bran Muffins
Mix and let sit for 3-5 min:
1 1/2 cup All Bran Cereal (try to find a healthy one with no added anything....lol)
1 3/4 cup Skim milk
1 Egg
1/2 cup Coconut oil (melted, but not boiling)
1/3 C honey (if you want these to be more sweet, add more honey, but with that comes more calories and a world of "I should stop eating now...really, and now....") I find that 1/3 c is just right

Add to the cereal mixture:
3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C Coconut Flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix the above and put into baking wrappers. This will make about 14-15 good size muffins. I made 12 muffins, and 9 tiny tiny muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min. Just enough so a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy. I prefer no butter, but feel free to use the raspberry butter recipe on these or regular butter. Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment