Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Butter, anyone?


My appologies for being...well, MIA for several months. I've had quite a summer, you know, moving, putting in a yard, raising kids, organizing my new homw, and sleeping a little somewhere in between all that. It's starting to get a bit cold here, and those of you who don't know me, will soon begin to understand that all I do in the winter, besides hanging out with thing one and thing two is BAKE, and COOK and GET CREATIVE!! So I told my husband a couple nights ago, I wanted to get back to blogging all my great finds. Which leads me to TODAY. Yikes, no more caps, I PROMISE.

This recipe is used for special occasions....big sigh....because its not clean...at all.
Although butter can sometimes be debated as clean or not, we use it here in our house and I feel its ok. The one debatable item here in this recipe is raspberry preserve. Ok, not debatable, its totally unclean, I'm talking high fructose corn syrup not clean. Thats why we don't make it very often, but we enjoy it when I do decide its ok. I found the recipe on Pinterest and you can go to that original post here.



There are several other recipes that call for additional sugar (I know, I was trying not to gag, because this is really sweet as it is. I would never want to add more sugar). In the future, I'm going to get the guts to try the no sugar raspberry preseve, and I'll post my finds on that as well.

I have not been able to duplicate my butter to look like the picture in the post provided, but trust me, when you taste this, it won't matter what it looks like. I'm still working on my photog or phratography skills, as my husband and I always joke. So todays wasn't stellar, but hey, its my first day back, its going to be rough!

This recipe is a huge hit wherever we go, or whomever we invite over, or whatever we put it on. I love to put it on our bran muffins...recipe forthcoming.

We are all smiles here and are looking forward to a great day!

As Ellen would say, "be nice to each other", and I wish the same. Cheers!

Annisa

2 comments:

  1. Sweet blog! I too have fallen off the blog train this past year. Maybe I'll have to get at it again! I'm excited to try some of your recipes--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mare!! I hope to just keep posting and posting! Send me your blog and maybe we can motivate each other!! ;-)

      Delete