Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Clean Eating Breakfast Burrito

I'm all about simple. Don't get me wrong, I love a great meal that is very complex...but lets face it, I'm a busy mom and some days I'm lucky to get breakfast or lunch.  Today was one of those mornings. It turned 11:30 and I had forgotten that I'd not eaten breakfast! a HUGE no-no in clean eating. So I put my son down for his nap and ran-sacked the fridge. Eggs....check, whole wheat tortillas....check, avocado....check, clean eating salsa leftover from yesterday....check.


Breakfast Burrito sans picture...sorry!!! it was so good I forgot to take one!!!!

3 organic eggs
mozz cheese if you are eating dairy
2 whole wheat tortillas
1/2 an avocado
Clean eating salsa (recipe found HERE)

Make scrambled eggs according to your liking. Add cheese either in the eggs or just in the burrito with the other ingredients. warm up two whole wheat tortillas. Put eggs, cheese, avocado and salsa in the two tortillas. Wrap and eat.

I could eat this for Breakfast, snack, or lunch. For dinner I have a more in depth/complex recipe my husband loves. you could always add red or yellow bell peppers for a nice crunch to this as well. I followed this down with a green smoothie.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment